Excel 2010 terminates abnormally when saving a workbook; however, Excel saves the workbook properly and does not crash if a Refresh is performed before saving.
The cause of this problem has been identified and verified in unpublished Bug 16998632 EXCEL CRASHING IF TRYING TO SAVE CERTAIN WORKBOOK
This issue is fixed in Smartview version 126.96.36.199.000, Patch Set Exception 17322826.
This patch is available via My Oracle Support.
1. Log into the My Oracle Support portal.
2. Choose the Patches & Updates tab.
3. Select Patch Name or Number from the drop-down box.
4. Perform a search for Patch:17322826 for your corresponding OS platform.
5. The patch file includes both installers and the readme.