A standard consolidation is a type of consolidation driven by the application, which uses the default consolidation and eliminations. A non-standard one is driven by the Sub Consolidate() routine in the rule file. A non-standard consolidation is commonly used by statutory applications and is written by a qualified HFM consultant.
The steps to enable Consolidation Rules in classic HFM application:
1. Extract and save application metadata.
2. Open Windows HFM Client .
3. Click on the Manage Metadata option and open the metadata file.
4. From the Metadata Item drop down field, choose Appsettings.
5. From Members section, make sure that ConsolidationRules setting is set to Y.
6. Save the file.
7. Load the modified metadata file back to the application.
Note that the setting ConsolidationRules specifies whether consolidation rules are supported. Specify one of the following values:
Y to use the rules written in the Sub Consolidate() routine in a user-defined rule.
R to derive the proportional value in the Value dimension. Note that the proportional data is not stored.
N to use the default consolidation and eliminations.