When opening a form get an error message: “Unable to execute this operation as it exceeded the configured threshhold”
To get past the error message add the aplication property of ERROR_THRESHOLD_NUM_OF_CELLS.
This property is used to set a value that determines the threshold limit for number of cells user can load in a grid called the Governor threshold.
For example : Governor threshold is set to 175,000 cells, suppose user tries to load a grid that exceeds this value.
When request comes in, Planning computes the number of rows and number of cols in the grid using the below algorithm:
Number of cols = Max (static columns (dimensions on page/pov), data columns)
+ Number of dimensions on the rows(each dimension takes one column)
Number of rows = (static rows (one for page/pov + one for col headers) +
Total number of cells = row * cols.
If this total exceeds threshold users get an error message “Unable to load the data entry form as the number of data entry cells exceeded the threshold” and does not proceed further. No memory is allocated and the query is not executed.. If the governor is triggered, there should be no increase in memory usage on the Planning server.
By default, the value is set to 250k cells and user can change this threshold limit by defining application property and setting it an appropriate value.
However, setting it to a high value is not recommended and defeats the very purpose why governors were implemented, we request customers to review form and suggest them to re-design the forms.
To set Planning application properties:
1. Select Administration, then Application, then Properties.
Application Properties: set properties for the current application.
System Properties: set properties for all Planning applications.
3. To change a property, change its value under Property Value. To add a property, click Add. enter a name (avoid using spaces) and value for the property in the blank row.
4. If you enter a property already on the tab, its name turns red to indicate it is a duplicate.
5. You can duplicate properties between the application and system tabs.
6. Click Save and confirm your changes.
7.Stop and then restart the application server.