Under Enterprise Peformance Management (EPM) Workspace 126.96.36.199, unable to create a new database connection towards HFM for Financial Reporting. When creating the connection the following error is returned:
“Error connecting to database connection hfmdev1122:Access is denied”
HFM requires full access for ANONYMOUS LOGON in DCOM Limits Configuration
1. Click Start >> Run
2. Enter dcomcnfg, click OK
3. Expand “Component Services”, expand “Computers”
4. Right click on “My Computer” and select Properties
5. Under the “Default Properties” tab, select “None” in the first list and leave “Identify” in the second one.
6. Under the “COM Security”, for each button (2 “Edit Limits”, 2 “Edit Default”) do the following steps
a) Add the Everyone account and give it all rights
b) Add the Anymous account and give it all rights
c) Click OK
7. Once you have add these accounts in the default and limits, click OK.
Note: a reboot all machines is required where the DCOM configuration was changed.