Some users are able to execute a report successfully, whereas the report throws the following error for other users:
[nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS.
[nQSError: 43121] Max Row Limit Exceeded
[nQSError: 43119] Query Failed: [nQSError: 60008] The query for user ‘CBROWN’ exceeded the maximum query governing rows 64000 from the database ‘Oracle Data Warehouse’. (HY000)
This report used to work for all users until recently when the data in the data warehouse increased significantly.
This issue was encountered because the Max Rows query limit (governor) in the repository have been configured to limit rows received to 64000 and enabled for particular application roles for the ‘Oracle Data Warehouse’ database
Either increase or remove the Query Limit. For example, to remove the Query Limit of 64000 in the RPD:
- Open the RPD via the Administration Tool
- Go to Manage > Identity … click on BI Repository > Application Roles tab
- Double-click on the relevant role > Permissions button > Query Limits tab … For Database = Oracle Data Warehouse, set Status Max Rows = Ignore > OK button
- Close the Identity Manager
- Check-In Changes > Save
- Re-start the OBIEE system components