To upgrade BI Applications 184.108.40.206.1 PB6 to version 220.127.116.11.2 You have to upgrade the following components, repositories (schema and content) and data:
- Platform components
- BI Applications binaries
- BI Applications Component Repository (BIACOMP)
- JAZN, RPD and Presentation Catalog
- ODI Repository content (BIA_ODIREPO)
- Business Analytics Warehouse (DW) – schema
- Data Migration of existing data in the Business Analytics Warehouse
The sequence of the steps in the upgrade of BI Applications 18.104.22.168.8.1 PB6 to 22.214.171.124.2 is outlined below.
- Complete Upgrade Pre-requisites.
- Run the BI Applications 126.96.36.199.2 installer to upgrade the BI Application binaries from version 188.8.131.52.1 PB6 to 184.108.40.206.2.
- Apply the FMW Middleware Patches for BI Applications 220.127.116.11.2.
- Use the PSA tool to upgrade BIACOMP schema (ATGLite, FSM, BIACM and BIACM_IO component upgrades).
- Run script to upgrade deployment changes in BI Applications 18.104.22.168.2.
- Use the BI Update Metadata Tool to upgrade the JAZN
- Upgrade the RPD and Presentation Catalog
- Apply Client-Side Patches.
- Upgrade the ODI Repository metadata (content).
- Upgrade Business Analytics Warehouse schema and Migrate Data in Data Warehouse
Instructions for each step of the upgrade process are provided in attached Upgrade Guide Document – Oracle_BI_Applications_11_1_1_9_2_Upgrade_Guide