When using IE 11 to open Hyperion Planning or Calculation Manager 22.214.171.124, the following error message is displayed:
“You are using an unsupported browser. The supported browsers are Internet Explorer 7 and higher, Firefox 126.96.36.199 and higher, Safari 3.1.2 and higher, and Google Chrome 1.0 or higher.”
Issue is that System had recently been upgraded to 188.8.131.52 and the ADF patches had not been correctly installed.
The following ADF patches are required for Planning 184.108.40.206:
18514458, 20326778, 16964825
Install the missing ADF patches.
The required ADF patches are available in the MIDDLEWARE_HOME\oracle_common\OPatch\Patches directory.
Also in this directory is a batch script that can be used to install these patches: postInstallPatch.bat
If the patches were not installed at the time of the upgrade then run postInstallPatch.bat in order to apply them post upgrade.
1. Execute MIDDLEWARE_HOME\oracle_common\OPatch\Patches\ postInstallPatch.bat to install these patches.
2. After the patches have installed delete the tmp directory for the Planning server in: /user_projects/domains/EPMSystem/servers/<server> where <server> is the Planning server (for example, Planning0)
3. Restart the Planning service
4. Clear browser cache.
Hyperion Essbase Studio – Version 220.127.116.11.000 to 18.104.22.168.005
This below process explains how to perform migration from EIS – Essbase Integration Services to Essbase Studio using the migration tool that is built into Essbase Studio.
1 Ensure that your EIS metaoutlines and models complies with the guidelines listed in the Essbase Studio user’s Guide in the Chapter “Guidelines for Migrating Metaoutlines and Models” and “Properties Not Migrated”.
2. Install Studio Console on a 32-bit machine. Note: If you are planning to install the EPM bundled ODBC drivers it should be a server operating system.
3. On the 32-bit machine where Studio console is installed, install ODBC drivers that works with the EIS catalog database.
Note: You can install the DataDirect ODBC drivers that are shipped with EPM by installing EPM Foundation Components. However, there is no need to run the EPM System configurator, installation is enough to install the drivers.
4. Create a User DSN that can connect to the EIS Catalog database. Note: It must be a User DSN, not a System DSN.
5. Ensure that you can connect to the EIS Catalog database through the ODBC User DSN on the 32-bit machine. Note: EIS Server does not need to be running
6. Ensure Studio Server is running. Note: Studio Server can be running on a separate 64-bit machine.
7. In Essbase Studio, create a data source that points to the same source database that was used for EIS.
EIS to Studio Migration Steps
1. Start Studio console on the 32-bit machine and connect to the Studio Server where the EIS catalog should be migrated to.
2. In Studio console, start the EIS migration tool. (Tools-> Essbase Integration Services Catalog migration)
3. Fill in the “EIS Catalog ODBC DSN field”, the “User’ and “Password” field.
4. Click the “Fetch models” button, and the EIS models should be listed.
5. You can now choose
– the matching Data source connection that was used for EIS. Note: Typically different from the EIS Catalog connection
– the EIS Catalog and Schema from the drop down. Note: If your relational database is Oracle, selecting a catalog is not required.
6. Select a folder where the migrated metaoutline and model should be put
7. Click the Migrate button
8. If there are any errors, double-check check that all documented guidelines are followed.
Note: If the migration does not work, it is possible that it is needed to rebuild the models from scratch in Essbase Studio. There are cases that are too complex for the EIS Catalog migration to work.
You should largely still be able to use the source tables that you were using with EIS, although a few tweaks might be needed.