Hyperion Essbase Studio – Version 18.104.22.168.000 to 22.214.171.124.005
This below process explains how to perform migration from EIS – Essbase Integration Services to Essbase Studio using the migration tool that is built into Essbase Studio.
1 Ensure that your EIS metaoutlines and models complies with the guidelines listed in the Essbase Studio user’s Guide in the Chapter “Guidelines for Migrating Metaoutlines and Models” and “Properties Not Migrated”.
2. Install Studio Console on a 32-bit machine. Note: If you are planning to install the EPM bundled ODBC drivers it should be a server operating system.
3. On the 32-bit machine where Studio console is installed, install ODBC drivers that works with the EIS catalog database.
Note: You can install the DataDirect ODBC drivers that are shipped with EPM by installing EPM Foundation Components. However, there is no need to run the EPM System configurator, installation is enough to install the drivers.
4. Create a User DSN that can connect to the EIS Catalog database. Note: It must be a User DSN, not a System DSN.
5. Ensure that you can connect to the EIS Catalog database through the ODBC User DSN on the 32-bit machine. Note: EIS Server does not need to be running
6. Ensure Studio Server is running. Note: Studio Server can be running on a separate 64-bit machine.
7. In Essbase Studio, create a data source that points to the same source database that was used for EIS.
EIS to Studio Migration Steps
1. Start Studio console on the 32-bit machine and connect to the Studio Server where the EIS catalog should be migrated to.
2. In Studio console, start the EIS migration tool. (Tools-> Essbase Integration Services Catalog migration)
3. Fill in the “EIS Catalog ODBC DSN field”, the “User’ and “Password” field.
4. Click the “Fetch models” button, and the EIS models should be listed.
5. You can now choose
– the matching Data source connection that was used for EIS. Note: Typically different from the EIS Catalog connection
– the EIS Catalog and Schema from the drop down. Note: If your relational database is Oracle, selecting a catalog is not required.
6. Select a folder where the migrated metaoutline and model should be put
7. Click the Migrate button
8. If there are any errors, double-check check that all documented guidelines are followed.
Note: If the migration does not work, it is possible that it is needed to rebuild the models from scratch in Essbase Studio. There are cases that are too complex for the EIS Catalog migration to work.
You should largely still be able to use the source tables that you were using with EIS, although a few tweaks might be needed.