I came across this issue many times and address many times to my users how to fix this issue. Just thought of documenting for everyone.
Goal – How to enable the Smart View tab if it disappears from Excel
- Open Excel as a System Administrator.
- Go to Excel Options ->Select Add-ins
- Under the Drop Down selection for “Manage” ->Select COM-ADDINS and Click on Go
- Check if the “Load Behavior” of the Oracle Smart view for Office is “Load at Startup”.
- If the status is unloaded, remove the existing COM Addin andrRe-add the HsAddin.dll from <Drive>:\Oracle\SmartView\bin directory.
Step by step Video for reference. Smartview Excel Fix