EPMHFM-65536” is a very generic error message and can be caused by a number of different factors; ranging from an improper install to application processes crashing.
Below are some of the more common causes and solutions of the error:
1) User is Unable to Open the Application after applying 188.8.131.52.100 patch:
If you recently applied 184.108.40.206.100, please review and confirm the following:
a) Ensure you followed all steps in HFM 220.127.116.11.100 Patch 20455650 : Patch Set Update: 18.104.22.168.100 for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management Readme and applied the appropriate SQL script to upgrade the schema to 22.214.171.124.100. This is specifically listed as Step # 5 in the Readme; listed below:
FROM THE README for Patch 20455650: Patch Set Update: 126.96.36.199.100 for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management:
If you are using SQL Server, ignore the following warning:
Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index ‘PK_XFM_PARAMETERS_NEW’ has maximum length of 1500 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.
b) Rollback the patch and see if you still receive the error.
2) User is unable to open the Application After Installing or Upgrading to 188.8.131.52:
The problem could be the load stop and the data audit sequence have not been updated with the upgrade.
To solve the problem, please execute the following steps with the assistance of your DBA:
Note: Please make sure you have a FULL Database/System backup before applying any changes:
select max(lrownum) from <Application name>_DATA_AUDIT;
2. Drop the data audit sequence
DROP SEQUENCE <Application name>_DATA_AUDIT_SEQ;
3. Create the data audit sequence with the correct ID number.
CREATE SEQUENCE <Application name>_DATA_AUDIT_SEQ
MINVALUE 1 MAXVALUE 9999999999999999999999999999 INCREMENT BY 1
START WITH <Identified ID from the Query 1> CACHE 20 NOORDER NOCYCLE ;
3) 184.108.40.206 Upgrade Completed and Applications are Successfully Registered; however; error message is received when user opens the application: EPMHFM-66054: The system was unable to find the Datasource process for application <APPNAME>
To resolve, please check the following with the assistance of your DBA:
1. Confirm that the tables below exist:
2. Make sure that HFMTNS alias entry is added in tnsnames.ora file in:
- \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\config\dbclient\ AND
- All DB client locations (\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1\network\admin)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = HFMSERVER)(PORT = 1521))
(SID = HEBEPM)
(SERVER = DEDICATED)