The steps provided will offer direction to recover a Hyperion Planning Application that is corrupted. Some of the symptoms of a corrupted applications are a failed database refresh, problems in saving data and executing business rules and calculation scripts.
In situation where a restoring the application form a backup of the environment is not possible the following steps can be followed.
- Stop and disable the application/database via Essbase Administration Services (EAS) so that no one can issue commands against it.
- Delete the database via EAS.
- Open Planning create database by selecting the following: Planning –> manage database –> select ‘create database’.
- Restore all Hyperion Business Rules, Outline, Calculation Scripts, Reports and Load rules.
- Restore data.
- Refresh Security from Planning.
- Test the application