Smartview logs we generally require for our audit purpose and some time to raise an issue with Oracle.
Follow below steps.
- Office 2003: Point to Hyperion -> Options
Office 2007 and above: Choose the Options button in the SmartView ribbon
- SmartView versions prior to 11.1.2: Select the Display tab
SmartView 11.1.2 and above: Select Advanced
- In the ‘Log Messages’ or ‘Logging’ section, select ‘Route Messages to File’
- Enter a valid filename, e.g. C:\SmartViewLog.txt
- Unless directed otherwise by Support, select Information. In SmartView 11.1.2 and above, this is in the Log Message Display drop-down menu.
- Choose OK.
Now reproduce the problem and any error messages. Close Excel and attach the file (e.g. C:\SmartViewLog.txt) to your SR. Afterwards, either disable logging or change the logging level to ‘Error’ (see step 5 above) to ensure good performance.