Is it possible to export ODI objects from previous release and import them in ODI newer release?
For example: export ODI 10g objects and import them in ODI 188.8.131.52.0 (or from 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 etc …)
If so, how can this be performed?
It is technically possible to import ODI older objects into ODI Repositories 18.104.22.168.0 or higher version, using:
- The Smart Export / Smart Import feature, or
- Export / Import of Topology and Security components in the form of XML export files, or
- Export / Import of Work Repository versionable components, such as:
- Models and Model Folders,
- Projects, and Project Folders
- Integration Interfaces
- Procedures and Knowledge Modules
- User Functions
- Load Plans
Such operations are supported but not recommended as full update will always bring more benefits such as KM bug fixes.
Also, additional restrictions concern the version of ODI from where objects are exported, and into where they are imported:
||To ODI 10g||To ODI 11g||To ODI 12c|
|From ODI 10g||Yes||Yes (1)||No|
|From ODI 11g||No||Yes||Yes (2) (3)|
|From ODI 12c||No||No||Yes|
(1) The import from ODI 10g to ODI 11g requires at minimum ODI 10.1.3.5.0 to be used.
For moving from ODI 10.1.3.4 and older to ODI 11g, a preliminary/intermediate upgrade/import to ODI 10.1.3.5 (or ODI 10.1.3.6) is required.
(2) The import from ODI 11g to ODI 12c requires at minimum ODI 22.214.171.124.0 to be used.
(3) Due to the introduction of GLOBAL_IDs, the import from previous version requires an Upgrade Key be specified in order to be able to generate consistent GLOBAL_ID values for the objects as they are upgraded before they are imported.