EssbaseAdminService crashes frequently during outline editing while plenty of JVM memory available and JRE used is jrockit. The jrocket dump file can be found under:
A dump file has file name such as jrockit.12826.dump.
If you review the jrocket dump, there is no out-of-memory issue but contain following message on a Linux system:
Error Message: Illegal memory access. 
Signal info : si_signo=11, si_code=1 si_addr=0x1cd
Version : Oracle JRockit(R) R28.2.5-50-153520-1.6.0_37-20121220-0843-linux-x86_64
The default size of a thread stack in jrockit is 320K for win64 and 1M for Linux64. Depending on the request, the default may not be large enough. When the stack overflows, there really is nothing obvious in the core or dump file.
To Fix –
Increase the size of the thread stack by adding/modifying the -Xss setting.
The -Xss setting will need to be added/modified in two locations:
1. Navigate to <EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE>\bin\deploymentScripts.
2. Edit the setCustomParamsEssbaseAdminServices.cmd and add/modify the -Xss1M to the USER_MEM_ARGS setting. For example:
3. Add/Modify the -Xss setting to the Windows Registry.
a. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hyperion Solutions\EssbaseAdminServices0\HyS9eas_epmsystem1. If there is a JVMOption for -Xss, increase the value to 1m. If a JVMOption for -Xss does not exist:
b. Create a new “String Value” entry with following name and value:
With Y being equal to (current value of JVMOptionCount) + 1
c. Increase the value of the JVMOptionCount parameter by 1.
4. Restart the EAS server.
1. Navigate to <EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE>/bin/deploymentScripts.
2. Edit the setCustomParamsEssbaseAdminServices.sh. Add/modify the option -Xss2m to the USER_MEM_ARGS setting. For example:
3. Restart EAS server.